Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday, November 10, 2017

Red lights plugged in?  Check    Warm blankies all clean and puffy?  Check    Good food in stock?  Check   Electric water bowls plugged in?  Check     Firehouse insulated?   Check   Porchie Haven insulated?  Check    I do believe we are ready for the cold weather of winter.  This morning it was 23 degrees.  

We had BOXES yesterday at 4:00. It was a great time---we so love boxes! Thank you.
Judeannlee & Phil - IN   3 cases & 3 jars of Beechnut baby food, 4 pk of Clorox wipes, 6 pk of Tuna, 2 bottles Mr. Clean.

Lavendercat226 - ME   Kitty Card,  Snackers, Clorox wipes, coil toys, 2 pks of 12 each washcloths, 9 Catnip toys made with her homegrown catnip

Gusti - Bag FULL of toys for the Persian babies

Annie & Debbi - Flash Sale:  Place mat for Kitties,  Large Cat Tree for a FunRaiser

Judy T/JacksonJrsmom with Lois, JacksonJr, Snickers & Gwen  -  Gwen used her Piggy Bank money and sent two Chicken $1 and an oh so 'rare' Chicken $2,  Donation in honor of Jackson Sr., and 6 very nice Kitty Mugs for Pawmart, washcloths and a towel for the kitties

Jerry - KY-- TY note and a box of Blue Monday Chocolates made in the great state of Kentucky

Dave & Stripey - NJ   FFRC Card with a note & Donation, Book & magnet:  Purr More  Hiss Less, a 1 million dollar rescue bill, Photos of his handsome Stripey, 11 photos of the FFRC Poker cats to use as you like.  2 DVD's one for Jacci one for Susan

Contessa/Laura S - 2 Tub & 3 bags of snackers (mmmmmm steak), Box of 12 Meow Cups, Box of Sheba, 10 pks of Coil Toys

Ronnie & Marie - 4 - 4 pks of Clorox wipes

Barbara E - NC   Kitty Card  (Leggys Sister in law) 7 biggie/leggiedews

Pandainlondonzoo - Kitty Photos & Note   270 pkts of Dreamy Deli Snackers

Rita & Eddie - Scotland  Card with a Note,  Canvas kitty purse, Ornaments in a treasure box, Angel, Iceskates, heart, trees lots of little glass ornaments,   2 numbered Angel ornaments, 5 Kitty head ornaments, Santa & Sack figure, 2 Christmas candles, Santa & Kids Figure, 
  2 sets of numbered Angel ornaments

Beth/Eaglewatcher Electric leaf vacuum and mulcher  We are so excited and grateful!

Judy T/JacksonJrsmom - Quilt from around the 1930's hand stitched 64x84  for Fun Raiser

Jazz & Susan - Leopard Cat cave and attached crinkle body for Persians

LJ--a special gift for the PawMart office, she normally says "stuff", but we want to send out a special thanks

Timothy D--donation to help with the care of Zoolove

Wanita & kids--donation to FFRC to be used where needed

Remember the 7 Oxbow kittens that we took on?  They were found abandoned at Oxbow Lake.  An area vet also had 2 of these same littermates turned in. They took care of them. That makes 9 kittens.  Four days ago, we took on the care of #10 of this litter.  This sweet soul has been out there alone. We took in the littermates 3 weeks ago--I am quite sure this little girl has not had any food this entire time. The condition of #10 is appalling--anemic, dehydrated and emaciated--all severe.  She is a mere 3 pounds. We are hydrating her with fluids, syringe feeding her a good quality of special foods, on antibiotics. We have been in touch with our vet about her.  She has also been named---a very special book in the eyes of FFRC.  Zoolove, after our dear friend that passed away.  Sometimes I call her Zooie.  She so wants to make it--she's tough but so very weak.  

These are the things that cause me great stress.  I would very much like the person who dumped these cats at Oxbow Lake to see the horrible condition of this cat. It should never have happened.  But........this rescue center is based on joy and compassion and caring ways.  So, there's no time for harsh feelings.  Yes, it's upsetting, but I choose to keep myself centered on being positive. The great thing is--I don't have to worry about the person who dumped these kittens.  I can concentrate on the cats.  And that is good. Please send prayers and good thoughts for her. 

Mark your calendar!  This coming Tuesday is a wonderful Flash Sale by Mich and Vern. Lots of really great items. It'll start about 2:30ish.  Guaranteed to be fun! This Flash Sale will go towards our heating bills. 

Did you see Marilyn?  Yes, she's back, but only temporarily.  She has a little poo problem but we're on it!  She's wonderful, loving and awesome and has been wanting to play, play, play!  Enjoy her funness while she is here!

And........we have a very special thing right now. It's FABIO'S FIVER FRIDAY...a community outreach. Why do we need this? Fabio, one of our community kittes would have approved of helping his fellow felines. FFRC needs assistance to help our community and the kitties that live here. We would like to help as many as we can safely and healthily take in. FFRC spends at minimum $350 per cat/kitten that comes here, this is what the cost is for the vaccines, tests, wormings, flea prevention, vet physical, ear cleanings, specialized wormings, spay/neuters etc.
Please honor Fabio by helping us to help his Community kitties. It has actually started now, today! Please feel free to send a donation or go thru PayPal to help with this much needed event. Our medical bills have really climbed. Our thought here is, if we take on a kitten or a cat, we are obligated to their complete health needs.

But....on Friday, the 17th, is the Grand Finale. We will show the charts of each days intake of donations. We will show you the items that we use medically. This will go off and on all day next Friday!

I thank everyone involved for helping with this Fabio's Fiver event---it's taken a group effort of wonderful people who care about the Rescue Center and knew we have large medical needs.

And for those who do not know Fabio--here is his story, as told by Fabio himself: (Taken from Canton Cat's story of Fabio)----
"I live here at Friends of Felines Rescue Center.  I am a Sun Porch Cat.  I am a very independent cat.  I get to come and go as I please.  And that pleases me.  Oh, many have tried to keep me locked up in their “rooms”, but it just doesn’t work for me.  You see I’m my own cat.  I gotta be me and I gotta be free.  It’s like I’m always telling Hank, Gotta Be Free, You and Me.  Oh, wow, I should copyright that!
I was born October 15, 2007 and during the winter of 2009, I realized that it was wrong to keep myself to myself, so I decided to let FFRC adopt me.  I wandered on up to the grounds and made sure that several people, including momma Jacci saw me.  But I did want play a little hard to get.  So I watched as they all tried to entice me with their “here, kitty, kitty” phrases.  How funny they were.  I let them catch me in one of those traps they have.  They think they caught me, but I allowed them to.  I remember that day very well.  Momma Jacci looked in the trap and was so very cautious.  I actually think she thought I was going to bite her.  Imagine, me biting someone.  Ha.  She put her finger in the trap, for some reason still unclear to me.  So I rubbed up against it to let her know I had decided she was an acceptable momma.  She took me inside the clinic and scooped me up and we had one of those “special moments”.  It really was fabulous.  She said I was now Fabio.  I really like that name.  It is so fitting for me.
Momma Jacci would soon learn that I chose to spray.  Yes, it is a choice.  I am a sprayer and proud of it.  She told me I could become a Porchie.  Oh, the other Porchies were so happy that I decided to join them.  I really am their leader, you know.  Oh, Hank would have you believe otherwise, but I know the truth.  Just look at him, then me.  Well, I won’t be cruel, but I am the leader, trust me.
And as the leader, I decided from that moment on that I would never leave here.  They couldn’t possibly exist without me. 
I know sometimes people get a little confused between the Porchies and the Covies.  Sure, we have some similarities, but here’s the difference.  We are the rebels, the lone wolves, err lone tigers.  We are the independent ones that need to be wall free.  I have nothing against walls, but keep me between four for too long and I am NOT responsible for my actions.
I actually don’t get as stressed out as some of my brothers.  Man, put Cliff in a room for 10 minutes and he goes crazy, I tell ya.  Crazy.  Oh, this weekend the fool locked himself in Kitty City by mistake and it took them hours to find him.  I knew where he was all the time, but no one asked me; anyway, enough about him.
In fact, when I feel like it, I sneak into the main center from time to time.  All the other cats look at me like “wow, we’ve heard stories about you, but didn’t know you really existed.”  Yup, I do exist.  I like the main center because they have treats everywhere. 
There was this one time I snuck into the center and Jackie S. and Donna kept looking at me and avoiding me.  I kept walking up to them to say hi and they would back away.  Finally I realized why.  They thought I was Badu.  Can you believe it?  I am so much nice looking than Badu.  I mean, she’s pretty and all, but I’m a stud.  Yup, a pure stud.
I mean it.  And it’s not just me who thinks so.  When people come to visit and someone says, “Oh, that’s Fabio,” the visitors will come over to me and say “Fabio.  I’ve always had a crush on you?”  So, I’m kind of famous.  And of course Fabio is a shortened version of Fabulous.  Yup, that’s me I’m Fabulous and everyone knows it.
I think there’s a famous cat that looks like me somewhere out there.  His name must be Butter, because when people meet me they always say “I can’t believe it’s not Butter.”  I just smile and let them think I’m this Butter cat.  But I’m really Fabio!
It’s easy to sneak into the Center, getting out is much more difficult.  But I have a little system.  When I’m ready to leave I just spray a clean load of laundry and am always quickly let out.  It’s so neat how everyone comes running to me.  They are really very attentive to my desire to leave once I let them know I want to.
No one ever really gets mad at me for spraying, but this one time momma Jacci was a little annoyed at me.  They had just cleaned out Kitty City and had it all ready for the Cove Cats to move in for the winter and I just wanted to welcome them so I snuck in and sprayed every table in there.  Momma Jacci caught me in the act and she was not pleased with me.  She called me a little stinker.  I said I was sorry and she forgave me.  So we’re cool now.
I just love exploring the grounds.  I’m here, there and everywhere.  I like to hide and see how long it takes people to find me, but with all my beautiful hair, I usually stand out.  That brings me to a recent travesty that occurred.   Momma Jacci had some kind of an “episode” with the hair clippers and went all crazy on me.  She said she was just giving me a summer trim, but she cut off almost all my hair.  She left a strip of hair down my back, but it wasn’t enough.  I was really mad about it.  Some cats pout for days when they are upset, I went on a spraying spree.
I bet I don’t get one of those haircuts again.  I know I must have a summer cut as I am simply too busy with all my duties to take time to groom myself.  And to momma Jacci’s credit she never cuts my mane, my adoring public just wouldn’t stand for it.
Well, I must go now, it is time for my nap.  Being this gorgeous is simply exhausting.  Take care, I know you love me.  All of you."
Fabio is no longer with his. He rests peacefully in our Angel Garden by Albert's Garden.  He will always have a special spot in our hearts.  And he would be thrilled to know that he is helping all the cats here at FFRC by his very own Fabio's Fiver Friday.  As he would say--a wonderful $5 fiver would help alot!